It can be difficult knowing the right words for your Dad's birthday card!
Here are some of our favourite messages that you can include in a birthday card for your Dad:
If you have a close relationship with your Dad, saying something sentimental and sweet is sure to make him smile.
These are some cute examples:
- "Happy birthday Dad. You’re the best!"
- "Happy birthday Dad, I hope you get everything you want on your special day."
- "I’m so proud to have you as my father. Happy birthday to the greatest Dad out there!"
- "We can’t choose who our Dad is, but if I had a choice I would still choose you. Happy birthday Dad!"
- "You’ve put up with me at my worst and celebrated me at my best. Happy birthday to the best Dad in the world!"
Featured Product: Dad Birthday Card - Love You To The Moon And Back
Most Dads love having a laugh, so if your Dad does too, then be sure to add some funny wording to his card.
Here are some ideas:
- "Happy birthday to my favourite Dad!"
- "Can I have 50 quid to go buy you something nice?"
- "To my Father who never grew up and I hope never will. Happy birthday."
- "Happy birthday from your favourite child! We both know who it is."
- "If we put a candle for every year, there’d be more wax than cake! Happy birthday Dad"
Featured Product: Dad Birthday Card - Flippin' Ace Barbecue
If you're struggling to use your own words - then why not use someone else's?
These are some of our favourite quotes:
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” - Linda Poindexter
- "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." - Tim Russert
- "Lately all my friends are worried they're turning into their fathers. I'm worried I'm not." - Dan Zevin
- "She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father." - Harper Lee
- “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” - Hedy Lamarr
Featured Product: Dad Birthday Card - Number 1 Fan
We know that writing a card for your Step-Dad can be especially tricky! You want something that is thoughtful without being too much.
Here are some examples you can use:
- "Happy birthday to the world's most awesome Step-Dad."
- "We might not have the same genes, but in my heart, you’ll always be my real Dad. Happy birthday!"
- I never thought I could call someone a father besides my biological one, but in your case, not only do I call you my father, but I love you like a father as well. Happy birthday!"
- "They say that at the end of every dark tunnel there is light, and after all the hardships our family went through, the light at the end of the tunnel was you! Happy birthday."
- "It is rare to find someone willing to spend the rest of his life in a family as crazy as ours, so, I commend your courage, and wish you a happy birthday!"
Featured Product: Step Dad Birthday Card - Feeling Bright Typography - Happy Birthday Candles
We hope you have found this blog useful! Don't forget to also check out our full range of birthday cards for Dad here.